The post office was named for the family which ran the stage stop and post office out of the family ranch "Mountain House" at the foot of the Siskiyou Mountains. Barron was located about 10 miles SE of Ashland on the road that became old Hwy. 99 near the railroad tracks. Although the first postmaster was James Taylor, Martha A. Barron was postmistress for 28 years. Then, according to the Barrons, during Jim Cooke's postmastership beginning in 1905, he moved the post office to the "Klammath Junction" area - now under Emigrant Lake.
Where did they go? Following the mail trail of the DPOs of Jackson County, Oregon (SHS 979.5281 S93 2013)
Barron 3, application
Barron 4, map