Clark/Jackson House

Site Number: 

33

Approximate date: 

1931

Rectangular in plan, pitched roof over main volume, hipped roof over rear ell. Wall surface is shingled siding. Prominent portico with freestanding Ionic columns and segmental pediment. Entablature includes fretwork, bed moulding, eave cornices surround house. Central entrance contains Dutch door with six panels. The light pattern is six-over-six lights with double sashes.

Address: 

1917 East Main Street

Alterations: 

Shutters removed; some porch addition at rear; newer garage doors.

Style: 

Period Colonial

City: 

Medford
1-Primary

Sources of information: 

National Register nomination (1982) Louise Clark Patterson interview 1981

Certainty: 

Confirmed, SOHS Inventory

On National Register of Historic Places: 

No

In Lure of Medford Inventory: 

No
Yes

Image: 

Updates: 

The Reinhart List shows the owners as:  FrankC./Grace Wilson Clark -- Medford's first registered architect

and Glenn L./Helen S. Jackson -- Pres. Chamber of Commerce, Officer of COPCO, Rogue Valley Country Club and an Oregon Highway Engineer