A village since 1853, Eagle Point was named by early settlers for the nearby rocky cliff nesting place of eagles. Just off the Rogue on Little Butte Creek and what became the Brownsboro Highway, Eagle Point grew into a town. Mail came up from Medford by contract carriers and 1905 - 1920 by rail. With a golf course and super Walmart, the town now serves as the social and shopping center for residents up the Brownsboro Highway as well as a large outlying community.
Where did they go? Following the mail trail of the DPOs of Jackson County, Oregon (SHS 979.5281 S93 2013)