Named for an outcrop of white granite highly visible from the Cottonwood Creek Valley, White Point was close to the California border on the old stage road (now Colestin Road) from Ashland over the Siskiyous to Yreka, California. It was a stage and railroad stop. On October 17, 1883, nearby large landowner Byron Cole took over the postmastership from Edward J. Farlow. In 1892, Cole got the mail service moved a mile away to Colestin. Farlow went on to be an Ashland postmaster. White Point's railroad station was abandoned in the late 1930s.
Where did they go? Following the mail trail of the DPOs of Jackson County, Oregon (SHS 979.5281 S93 2013)