Willow Springs Post Office

PO Description: 

Each post office record includes one or more documents. Each document may be displayed (by clicking on the title) and may be downloaded. The documentation has been provided from government records, copied for SOHS by Ben Truwe.

The community began in 1851 on Willow Creek at junction of Lane Creek on Old Stage Rd. When the post office was moved 3 miles N to the RR with name changed to Tolo, the Willow Springs' community petitioned and got their post office back in three months but two years later lost it again. 

Where did they go? Following the mail trail of the DPOs of Jackson County, Oregon (SHS 979.5281 S93 2013)

 

Township: 

37s

Range: 

2w

Section: 

6

Quarter: 

NE

Postmasters: 

Dean, Samuel P.

Nearest River: 

Rogue River