Mega Index

Displaying 251 - 275 of 125353
Title Description Location sort ascending Link
Gold Hill. Where Past Meets Present, Page 396

Originally laid out by Thomas Chavner a local entrupreneur the town of Gold Hill is esentially unchanged today.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Central Point. Where Past Meets Present, Page 385

Central Point was started by the crossing of two pioneer wagon trails.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Susie Jessel: The Spiritual Healer. Where Past Meets Present, Page 435

Susie Jessel is famous for her spiritual healing practice.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Eagle Point. Where Past Meets Present, Page 394

James J. Fryer considered to be the "Father of Eagle Point" aquired land on Little Butte Creek in 1852 and the settlement developed around him.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Phoenix. Where Past Meets Present, Page 382

Originally Named "Gasburg" after a colorful local citizen. Sylvister M. Waite brought about the change to "Pheonix"

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Palmerton Park. Where Past Meets Present, Page 333

Palmerton Park was a plant and tree nursery before becoming an arboretum in the city of Rogue River.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Grants Pass. Where Past Meets Present, Page 404

Grants Pass is the third county seat of Josephine County.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
The City of Rogue River. Where Past Meets Present, Page 399

The City of Rogue River has gone by several names over the years. "Tailholt" then Woodville.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
The Jewel of Lithia Park. Where Past Meets Present, Page 327

Lithia Park is without a doubt the premier city park in Southern Oregon.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Hellgate Jetboat Excursions. Where Past Meets Present, Page 359

Started in 1961 by Grant Garcia the business has become the largest Jetboat Excursion in southern Oregon.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Applegate Valley. Where Past Meets Present, Page 409

The Applegate Valley spans both Jackson and Josephine counties. Named for the river which was originally named for one of the Applegate brothers.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
The Old Wood House. Where Past Meets Present, Page 341

The "Old Wood House" is the most photographed building in southern Oregon.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Camp White. Where Past Meets Present, Page 417

In 1941 the war department decided that the "Agat Desert" of Jackson county would be a good place to build a military base. Opened as "Camp George A. White" the camp existed until shortly after world war II.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
The Grants Pass Cavemen. Where Past Meets Present, Page 432

Formed in 1922 the Grants Pass Cavemen is a civic organization based in Josephine county.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Two-Bits The World War II Hero. Where Past Meets Present, Page 429

Two-Bits was a local dog that survived two different tumbles off of Whiskey Peak look out.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Jacksonville. Where Past Meets Present, Page 391

John R. Poole and James Cluggage were the original founders of "Table Rock City" now known as Jacksonville.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Southern Oregon's Bigfoot. Where Past Meets Present, Page 422

Various reports of Bigfoot sitings, and possibly the worlds only Bigfoot trap.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Sams Valley. Where Past Meets Present, Page 407

Named in honor of Chief Sam of the Rogue River tribe "Sams Valley" is an unincorporated agricultural area within in Jackson County.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Shady Cove. Where Past Meets Present, Page 401

Shady Cove was named after a popular spot where people used to wait for the ferry crossing.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
The Applegate Interpretive Center. Where Past Meets Present, Page 347

Located in Sunny Valley the Applegate Trail Interpretive Center was built as a tribute to the brave souls that used the trail.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
The Lady of the Woods. Where Past Meets Present, Page 351

Dr Earl Russell Bush is credited with carving the "Lady of the Woods" at Crater Lake.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
P. K. Hallinan. Where Past Meets Present, Page 312

P. K. Hallinan is a well known author of childrens books and pastor of a local church.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Medford. Where Past Meets Present, Page 387

Property to start Medford was deeded to the railroad.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Talent. Where Past Meets Present, Page 379

Talen Oregon was first a farm started by Jacob Wagner in 1852. By 1875 Aaron P. Talent had purchased part of the land and subdivided for homes in antisipation of the rail road.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69
Lithia Water: In Bottles and Fountains. Where Past Meets Present, Page 330

Ashland is known for mineral springs.

Where Past Meets Present, 979.5 P69

Pages