Volunteer for SOHS
Join our volunteer corps! SOHS has over 300 volunteers who help in a variety of capacities.
- Hanley Farm: Maintaining a 37-acre farm with 10 historic structures involves the help of landscapers, gardeners, carpenters, general "fix it" people, and several dozen people who assist with special events. Docents who are carefully trained give tours of the Hanley home.
- Research Library: Over two dozen volunteers help to keep the Research Library running. More are needed to assist customers at the front desk or work on research projects behind-the-scenes.
- Collections: To maintain an artifact collection of over 1 million objects, we need your help! Jobs include cleaning artifacts and the collection's storage building, data entry, assisting with dismantling and installing exhibits, and general object care. We also need a volunteer-volunteer coordinator for Collections who can recruit and schedule volunteers for various jobs.
- Film digitization. SOHS has an extensive film archive, including many news clips for local events from the 60s and 70s. This project is making these formerly inaccessible treasures available, one film at a time.
- Special Events: SOHS hosts many special events throughout the year. We need volunteers who like to organize parties, to cook, to decorate, and to help spread the word.
- Maintenance: Help us to maintain our properties by volunteering your professional services: painting, plumbing, HVAC repair and maintenance. We also have the need for carpenters and general "fix it" people.
Questions? Please call 541-622-2025 ext 200, or send an email to email@example.com.